What Do You Do for Fun?
We had over 1,400 responses to our in depth survey last year and thank all who participated. We asked what our members did for fun and the games they liked to play.
- Almost half of you love Solitaire – either online or the old fashioned way!
- Fourteen percent play Bridge and other card
- Scrabble and Word with Friends are the favorite of eleven
- Candy Crush dominated the online gaming
- Bunko is a favorite of neighbor
- Nine percent play Mahjong which intrigued us as we didn’t realize it was so popular! The game is played with a set of 144 tiles based on Chinese characters and symbols.
Invite your friends in or meet at a community center for your favorite game! Make it a weekly, or biweekly event. Sometimes, it only takes a phone call to organize a simple minimal cost activity that can bring much laughter and friendship to your life!
We asked if you agreed with the statement, “Connecting with other people with COPD through an online social network will help me manage my own lung disease.” Seventy five percent did agree. There are many options open to you online either through Facebook or individual organizations. It is very important that you do not become isolated because of your chronic lung problems. There are many lines of communication open to you – please know that you are not alone!
Answers to our Christmas pop culture quiz from our last issue:
- What were the names of the Three Wise Men? Answer: Caspar, Balthazar and Melchior
- What is the best selling Christmas re cording of all time? Answer: White Christmas
- How many sides does a snowflake have? Answer: Six
- ‘Good King Wenceslas looked out on the Feast of Stephen’. When is the ‘Feast of Stephen’? Answer: December 26
- If you received all of the gifts listed in “The Twelve Days of Christmas” song how many presents would you get? Answer: 364
- What is a Christmas Cracker? Answer: A hollow tube traditionally from England filled with a surprise
- From what were the first artificial trees made? Answer: Goose feathers
- What country lays claim to Christmas Island? Answer: Australia
- h. 9atWstate was last to declare Christ mas a holiday in 1907? Answer: Oklahoma
- Traditionally, where does “Xmas” come from? Answer: X is the Greek symbol of Christ